The law firm Porter Wright Morris & Arthur formally withdrew from the lawsuit filed by Donald Trump that sought to question the legitimacy and transparency of Pennsylvania’s mail-in voting system.
The suit had been filed on behalf of the president just a few days ago.
An article by the New York Times published November 9 described tensions between employees at the firm. Some felt that the work of the firm was being used to undermine the country’s election process. One attorney resigned in protest.
The law firm said, “Plaintiffs and Porter Wright have reached a mutual agreement that the plaintiff will be best served if Porter Wright withdraws,” according to court documents.
In response to the firm’s decision, Trump’s campaign communications director, Tim Murtaugh said, “Cancel Culture has finally reached the courtroom. Leftist mobs descended up some of the lawyers representing the president’s campaign and they buckled.”
Murtaugh said that the campaign will continue with the litigation without the firm’s support.
Wayne County judge Timothy Kenny denied Trump’s campaign’s request to halt the ballot canvassing and election certification in the county, which includes the city of Detroit.
Judge Kenny called the campaign’s case “not credible.” He also denied a request for an independent audit of the county’s election results made by poll challengers.
Kenny cited state law which says the state government, not poll challengers, authorize election audit processes.
After several news outlets projected Joe Biden as the winner of the state’s 11 electoral votes, Trump’s lawyers gave up on a lawsuit that attempted to get a statewide recount.
With 99% of election precincts in the state reporting data, it’s mathematically impossible for Trump to take Biden’s lead of nearly 11,000 votes.
Election officials around the country continue to deny Trump's allegations of voter fraud. Trump has yet to concede to President-elect Biden.
Photo: Getty Images