Mother Screams At Protestors After Black Man Is Killed By Police Snipers

A Minneapolis mother confronted Black Lives Matter protestors outside her home after police fatally shot a 20-year-old Black man, according to FOX 9.

Police snipers killed Andrew "Tekle" Sundberg on July 14 during a six-hour long standoff after he opened fire within the building, reporters say. Family members claim the Black man was having a mental health crisis, and they weren't allowed to communicate with him during the tense situation.

Come Saturday (July 16), demonstrators gathered outside the home of Arabella Yarbrough, who yelled at protestors over the situation.

"This is not a George Floyd situation," the mother of two says, per FOX 9. "George Floyd was unarmed. This is not okay."

The news station also shared photos of Fox-Yarbrough's home, which show multiple gunshot holes riddling her front door, bathroom mirror, walls, and other items. She says her two children weren't hurt but are traumatized by the incident.

"My kids have to deal with this and probably have a mental illness now because they almost lost their lives," she continued. "He tried to kill me in front of my kids. I have black children; I am a woman of color! If I would have lost my life, would you guys do this for me?"

Mark and Cindy Sundberg, the adoptive parents of the slain Black man, apologized to Yarbrough for the alleged terror she suffered during the standoff. They also maintained that their son should still be alive.

"I wish I could wrap my arms around her and tell her I am so sorry," the mother said at a press conference, per FOX 9. "Tekle was an imperfect human — we're all imperfect humans — and he did not deserve to be picked off like an animal from the rooftop."

Police reports say responding officers were able to remove Yarbrough and her kids from the home. Authorities claim Sundberg started shooting during the evacuation.

Minneapolis Police says they'll be releasing the body camera footage of the shooting this week. Officials added they're reviewing hundreds of footage, photos, and reports Over 50 police officers were on the scene of the standoff, including SWAT, authorities added.

The police department came under fire and federal investigation after the murder of George Floyd back in 2020. His death kicked off months of intense Black Lives Matter demonstrations against police brutality across the country.

Get the latest news 24/7 on The Black Information Network. Listen now on the iHeartRadio app or click HERE to tune in live.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content