Black Business Month is all about celebrating Black-owned businesses across the country. Founded in August 2004 by historian John William Templeton and engineer Frederick E. Jordan Sr. to “drive the policy agenda affecting the 2.6 million African-American businesses," the annual celebration allows us to shine a light on Black business owners and entrepreneurs while also recognizing the importance of Black-owned businesses contributions to the U.S. economy.
In honor of BBM, the Black Information Network has put together a list of 16 Black-owned businesses to support this month and beyond.
Keep scrolling to check it out!
1. Vegan Food House, Dallas, TX
2. Black Men Deserve to Grow Old
Streetwear Advocacy Brand
3. Ebony Wine & Spirits
North Carolina's only Black-owned Wine & Spirits company
4. iCare Pediatrics, Galveston, TX
Black-owned pediatric practice
5. Nourish & Bloom, Fayetville, Ga
First Black-owned autonomous grocery store
6. Lilly’s Kloset, Houston, TX
8. The Sip
Luxury Wine Subscription Service
9. Kindred Stories, Houston, TX
10. Essie Spice
Online store selling West African-inspired spices and seasonings.
11. D'IYANU, Philadelphia, PA
Family-owned business selling African-inspired clothing and accessories
12. Rituals + Ceremony, Brooklyn, NY
Lifestyle brand selling books, home goods, self-care products, soaps, and much more
13. Malik's Books, Los Angeles, CA
14. Nailbed & Bar, Washington D.C.
15. Bright Black Candles, Durham NC
16. Blk Girls Greenhouse, Oakland CA
Get the latest news 24/7 on The Black Information Network. Listen now on the iHeartRadio app or click HERE to tune in live.