The National Urban League Annual Conference is almost upon us!
The 2023 NUL Conference is returning to Houston after 24 years. For what is considered "the most important civil rights event of 2023," the NUL Annual Conference will feature today's "most impactful civil rights and community activists and leaders, business, government, and media gathering" and "explore the challenges of systemic racism, discrimination, and barriers to opportunity in every aspect of the current social and economic landscape and bring together leading innovators and trailblazers in business and industry, government, and community to chart a path to success."
Hosted by the Houston Area Urban League, the Conference will be held at the George R. Brown Convention Center from July 26-29. The hybrid event will take place both in-person and digitally with a virtual component that will extend the conference experience to participants everywhere.
“The Urban League Movement’s goals in the areas of employment and entrepreneurship, education, housing, and health care are threatened by a rising tide of racial polarization and extremism in our governing institutions,” National Urban League President and CEO Marc H. Morial said in a statement. “Uniting the country means removing systemic roadblocks to opportunity and embracing multicultural democracy. That’s what this Conference will explore.”
In addition to panel discussions, forums, and plenary sessions for registered attendees, the conference will also feature free events open to the public:
- The N.U.L. Experience & Expo brings together exhibitors from around the country for demonstrations, presentations, entertainment, product giveaways, games, and other exciting activities.
- National Urban League Community & Family Day, featuring informative exhibits, free health screenings, legal clinics, live entertainment sessions, games with prizes, and backpacks loaded with school supplies for K-12 students. A special Career Fair will allow Houstonians to interview for job opportunities on the spot.
- Project Ready College Fair, featuring colleges and universities from across the country and information on financial aid, scholarships, and college access organizations.
- The Small Business Matters Entrepreneurship Summit — a day filled with workshops, resources, and networking to help launch your business to the next level, including networking with industry leaders, potential investors, and successful entrepreneurs, valuable information about the MBE certification process, and how to do business with Fortune 500 companies, and a pitch contest with cash prizes for the best business ideas.
- A Virtual Conference featuring special sessions for those who want to log in from home, including a nationwide Career fair with more than 50 employers, featuring free resume reviews, LinkedIn profile reviews, and professional career coaching.
For more information, visit nul.org.
You can register for the event HERE!