The sheriff's department announced Monday (September 21) that a 31-year-old female deputy and a 24-year-old male deputy were discharged from the hospital.
"Great News . . . both of our Deputies from the #ComptonAmbush have been discharged from the hospital and are resting. They both have a long road to recovery and #LASD appreciates your continued prayers and all the support. #LASDStrong," the LASD's official Twitter account posted.
On Sept. 12, both deputies were sitting in a parked patrol car near a metro stop in Compton. Surveillance video released by police showed an unknown person walking up to the patrol car and shooting repeatedly through the passenger-side window with a handgun.
The LASD deputies underwent surgery, as well. Sheriff Alex Villanueva told ABC News that one of the deputies would need more surgeries on their arm after they were released from the intensive care unit last Thursday (September 17). The other deputy was shot in the jaws and arm, he added.
"Last week, Villanueva said that investigators have 'promising leads' in the search for the gunman, and officials have also asked for the public's help in identifying the suspect," USA Today reported. It's also unclear if a second person was involved in the incident.
Officials are also offering a $300,000 for information leading to an arrest.
Photo: Getty Images